Tuesday, January 26, 2016

December Daily 2015

Hey everyone!

I'm going to share days 10 and 11 today.

DAY 10

Day 10 is a couple pages long.... so bare with me!


It starts with the day itself: Arielle being sick, our Elf on the shelf, and our after school activity - making our Christmas cards. The large number 10 is an acetate and is from Pretty Little Studio.


I don't know if you remember the back of this page? You can see it here. So on this page, because of all the transparencies used, I had to stick to the same formats of photos and cards...

I started with a polaroid style photo. I achieve that by printing in a smaller format and leaving some white at the bottom and around the photo. It's fun because it gives a little room for journaling and you don't need to add a label.


I simply adore this card from Pretty Little Studio with the writing at the bottom and empty space. It was perfect to add the sticker Arielle got at the doctor's office. (Arielle is way too big for stickers apparently - or that's what she thinks anyway - so I can keep the stickers and she's fine with it.) ;)


I really love this picture as Arielle was picking up Maya so she can see our elf Harmony who was too high for maya to see. ;) I have all 3 on the picture and the girls look so happy. I backed the photo with red stripes paper and added a red foil label (Pretty little Studio).


A really cute photo is always worth to blow up. I added just some little embellishments.


A word label, a glittery golden heart and some golden thread.


And because we were working on the cards that day, even though we didn't finish them, I decided to add the final card and the stamps I used this year. :) I backed it up with some gold foil wood patterned paper (Pretty Little Studio) and I added a little stripe of star velum at the bottom with some gold stitching.


I know some of you are wondering if Maya made this card. No. She didn't. After finishing coloring all the little pieces, she was so tired she decided to stop. So I took my pieces first and at the end I didn't need the pieces made by the girls. ;) Maybe one year they'll be old enough to make cards start to finish.


I love it when they have special Christmas stamps. I've always been collecting stamps. I used to put them in a collectionner's album, but I like it this way too. :)


Here I used another 3x8 page protector to add lots of journaling (lots is a big word. It's not that much after all). And I used velum tape at the bottom of that tiny page to match the bottom of the other page.


I also added some red stars from Ali Edward's December Daily kit and a flair also from her kit I believe...I'm not sure anymore though.


These layers make me happy.


On the reverse of this little page, I have a picture of the gift I sent to our niece in Switzerland. I added a cute Santa die cut, a label and some stars. The right page is a Christmas card we received from Arielle's piano Teacher. Can't leave these pretty cards out of the album, right?! :)


DAY 11


I decided that one of the card my husband was giving his employees could be used as a page.


I stapled the number 11.


And inside the card I built my page. The journaling has been written on the bottom part of the card. And my photo right up there with some layering and embellishing.


The snowman is a PL card from Pretty Little Studio. I also added a frame, a die cut, a cut-apart word (all from pretty Little Studio) and all of this lay on top of Pretty Little Studio velum. I also stitched on the velum before adhering it to the card to make some words stand out.



Another cute die cut right here :) Ah and a border of silver snowflakes paper.

Voilà!!
Now you have seen everything from my December Daily up to this day. I'll have to get to work before I can show you the rest. I hope I can really finish it sooner than later! I can't imagine doing this in February. At least my tree is still up ;)

Ok, talk to you again soon!!

Marie

1 comment:

Gab said...

Just beautiful - I love that your girls helped you make the cards!