Thursday, November 19, 2015

Hip Kit Club | December Daily 2009

Hey everyone, today I'd like to give you a peek inside my 2009 December Documented. I used a mix of the Hip Kit Club November 2015 December Documented kitMain kitEmbellishment kit and Cardstock kit
If you missed the Prologue and first days of sharing my album, you can catch up here .
Day 3



I created a small pocket from a full page protector with my Fuse tool from We are Memory Keepers. It works like a charm and it's perfect when, like me, you have a vertical picture that you don't know where to put. 

On the top of the picture I have the number three in acetate from Pinkfresh Studio that I punched out and folded in half. I added two little stars.

On the other side, another vertical picture and some more embellishments.



I love to play with layers of embellishments through the pages. If you have a smaller page, try to coordinate the embellishment of both pages, the small one and the bigger one showing under it. Treat them as a cluster.



My right page contains lots of text. My first sentence was written with a brush tip pen so that it stands out and act as a title. I added the date with a roller stamp.

I place the little die cut house on foam dots and made sure that the wood veneer and the label would be a little bit behind the house. 

Day 4

This ruled page is one that came with the Simple Story album. It's a very sturdy cardstock and the lines are perfect to write or you could add pictures to it. It's fun to have pages in page protectors and outside of page protectors.
I paired that page with lot of text with a page protector with 4 pockets. I added one journaling card to one of them.  

I love that by adding a star at the top of a triangle we get an instant Christmas tree. And with the number of stars that come in the kit, there are many possibilities.

Day 5

On day 5 too, I included a smaller page. I simply cut down one of the pages with the 4 3x4 pockets. 

A small tag over a journaling card is a perfect way to add layers and journaling at the same time.

I added two circle labels back to back to create a small tab. I embossed half of the labels with gold embossing powder.

That page is special since I decided to use a picture from 2007 and not 2009. I use it to illustrate one of the Christmas tradition in Switzerland, the one with Santa Claus coming to town with his associate and his donkey. :) In 2007, my husband was playing Santa Claus for his work.

I wrote m journaling on a tag. I trimmed the bottom so that it would fit in the pocket. 



The background of this page is a picture of a Swiss song book. Now I have swiss german in my album. :)

And if you notice, I mix French, German and English for my journaling too. I just write as it comes out. Exactly how we talk in our family. 

Lots of stitching. And lots of small details added here and there. 



I found a card that I received from a friend in 2009. It makes for fun filling pages and more stories. And I also like that we see our address. We moved 4 times since 2009. So it's a nice addition. I added the die cut to the page protector, not to the envelope.

And I took the card out of the envelope and put it on the back in the pocket so that we see it when we turn the page.





Washi tape, wood veneer and glitter stickers. The kit is full of cute little goodies. Don't be afraid to use them all!


So that's where I'll stop for now. I'll show you more next Thursday. Stay tuned!!
Marie
Marie Pierre Capistran

3 comments:

Nounette said...

Ha là là comme je me régale!!!!! Ces pages sont magnifiques, je suis toujours en admiration pour tous les petits détails et j'adore la couture que tu ajoutes si facilement sur tes embellissements!!! Vivement la suite!

Marie-Michèle Livernoche said...

J'adore tes pages!! Je vais certainement m'en inspirer!!

Gab said...

So pretty