Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pretty Little Studio | Mrs Herlihy

Hi everyone!

This page is a strange one for me. The story is important, the picture is kind of cute, but the colors of the picture: yuk!! A burgundy/purple dress, and a yellow and navy outfit for my daughter. Does that go together? And what about the man in the background with his teal shirt? And the orange door? I was kind of desperate when I started. I thought a navy background would be the best way to go and I found this paper with lots of these colors…aqua, orange, gold, yellow… I was in luck, although it's a very busy paper. Anyway, I went with it and I blocked lots of it with a light yellow 8x8 background from the Marigold collection. It was a great way to start. :) After that, I placed the picture and started adding elements that where aqua and orange. At the end, it looked like this:



It's busy, but not too bad. What do you think?
And here is the page on a smaller scale so that your eyes are not so overwhelmed by everything and that you can enjoy the cute little elements on their own. ;)



AWESOME "sunshine" die cut!!!! I so love the colors!!!! And cute small vellum letters that let us see through.


Flair, wood veneer and enamel dot.


A crown paperclip for my little princess. And there again, a small wood veneer.


Mr Fox with it's bright color helps the viewer find an anchor on the page. Phew! :) Oh and my journaling, all squished in there but it's ok, As long as the words are there, i don't mind it too much. :)

Voilà!!
Have a nice day and thanks for coming by!!

Marie